780 Morrissey Blvd. Rendering. Source: Boston Planning & Development Agency
The Dorchester Neighborhood will soon see another project starting in the area – 780 Morrissey Blvd. This board-approved project will total 78,877 square feet of land area and 179,435 square feet of gross floor area. The building will have varying sections, one five-story and one six-story section containing two hundred and nineteen (219) residential units. Additionally, the building will have amenities and one level of garage parking at the ground level.
The proposed residential units within the project will contain a mixture of studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom units. Twenty-nine (29) of these units will be affordable housing. The ground-level parking area will contain one hundred and thirty-six (136) spaces for residents of the building.
The project’s several benefits to the community are laid out in the Boston Planning & Development Agency’s (BPDA) presentation. These include:
- Creating a walkable and active commercial corridor, which adds approximately 14,200 square feet of publicly accessible open space
- A public pop-up park for everyday community interaction and planned events
- A publicly accessible bike plaza and dog park
- Public bike parking and access to a bike share station
- Reducing traffic and parking demands by targeting those demographics who are less car-dependent, differing work patterns and hours, embracing a bike-centric culture, and offering shuttle services
The building is expected to earn LEED Gold status, which is a sixty-point requirement. 780 Morrissey Blvd. is expected to earn sixty-five and a half points, certifying it as a green building.
The proposed development is located close to the Neponset River and Dorchester Shores Reservation – featuring a dog-friendly park on a tiny island in the Neponset. There are also many different restaurants, stores, and outdoor amenities available in the area – making it a prime location for anyone looking to reduce their carbon footprint and live close to the water.
A definitive timeline has not been released for the commencement of construction or when units will be available for lease. As always, your team at Elevated will keep you apprised of the information as it becomes available – letting you know the details of the units and other special information as it is released!
Can’t wait? The Elevated Companies is developing luxury condos in Dorchester. Contact us for information on pre-construction units.